Hello and welcome to the first post on our blog. Here, we will keep you entertained with grilling and barbecue tips, as well news and events about our new North Carolina BBQ Sauce, which we have named “Shop Sauce.”
Shop Sauce is based on a 25-year-old recipe, and was created by our family, which founded the Pete Smith Automotive Group in 1947. Just like our family business, this tangy and spicy sauce has gotten better with age! Our newly bottled sauce is now available for sale at our tire and repair shops in North Carolina, as well as select Napa and Walker Automotive Group locations.
We look forward to sharing our delicious sauce with you at many more locations over the next year, and also, we hope to hear back from fellow barbecue lovers about how you have used our sauce in your own recipes.
To get started with this blog, I thought it might be appropriate offer a few grilling tips, to help you as you make plans for some chillin’ and grillin’ this summer. Here are a few tips that my family has learned, through years at the grill…
General Grilling Tips
- Always preheat your grill 15 to 20 minutes before you start grilling!
- It’s always easier to clean your grill when it is preheated.
- Oil your grill by (carefully) rubbing a vegetable oil soaked paper towel over the grill rack using long tongs. This will prevent food from sticking to the grill rack.
Tips for “Shop Sauce” Chicken (Gas Grill)
- When cooking BBQ chicken, turn your grill down to a lower temperature and cook it slowly to prevent burning and keep that chicken tasty!
- When chicken is close to done, coat liberally with Shop Sauce and then turn the heat up. The high heat will cause the Shop Sauce to caramelize. Keep a close eye on your chicken at this time or it will burn.
More grilling tips will be coming soon!
In the meantime, have a great summer!